Tuesday, September 20, 2011

AKB48 The 24th Single - Janken Tournament (第2回じゃんけん大会)



A lot of things happened in this Janken Tournament, with most of them very near to my prediction. In overall, I rather depressed with the results, but before I go into anymore moaning (which I did while coming out of the theater) here is the list of members who made it into the AKB48 24th Single Senbatsu

優勝 - 篠田麻里子 (Shinoda Mariko)

2位 - 藤江れいな (Fujie Reina)

3位 - 峯岸みなみ (Minami Minegishi)

4位 - 小林茉里奈 (Kobayashi Marina)

5位 - 秋元才加 (Akimoto Sayaka)

6位 - 大家志津香 (Oya Shizuka)

7位 - 前田亜美 (Maeda Ami)

8位 - 佐藤すみれ (Sato Sumire)

9位~16位:

肥川彩愛 (Hikawa Ayame - NMB48 Kenkyuusei)・梅田彩佳 (Umeda Ayaka)・河西智美 (Kasai Tomomi)・桑原みずき (Kuwabara Mizuki - SKE48 Team S)・小嶋陽菜 (Kojima Haruna)・山口夕輝 (Yamaguchi Yuuki - NMB48 Kenkyuusei)・山内鈴蘭 (Yamauchi Suzuran)・北原里英 (Kitahara Rie)

The tournament started out with some introductions and a performance of 'Chance no Junban' by last year's Janken tournament senbatsu, where 内田眞由美 (Uchida Mayumi) - champion of the Janken Tournament last year - started off the song, solo, in ballad.

There was the appearance of the special guest, pro wrestling legend Antonio Inoki, and what shocked me for a while was his slap on Matsui Rena's face. Realized it was '闘魂注入' (Toukon Chuunyu) or 'Instilling Fighting Spirit' which is well-known in Japan. Matsui Rena did not make it into the Janken Tournament as she lost the premliminary rounds. Was already very sad for that already. D= I could only hope that Takajo Aki (my oshimen), Iwasa Misaki (my next favourite AKB48 member) and Mtasui Jurina (one of my favourites in SKE48) or either of them gets into Senbatsu in for the 24th Single.

Sadly, Wasamin lost in the first round and left Akicha and Jurina who would be competing for the Top 16 positions with Kojiharu (Kojima Haruna) and Miichan (Minegishi Minami) respectively - which secures a place in the 24th Single Senbatsu. Was super depressed when both Akicha and Jurina lost that I simply slumped back on to the chair and did not really bother to pay much attention to the rest of the tournament. =X I guess my hopes of having my favourites in the Top 16 - Senbatsu - was a bit too high eh.

Looking on the bright side, at least at least two AKB48 members that I like is in Senbatsu, with one being the champion of the Janken Tournament - Shinoda Mariko. The other member is Umeda Ayaka, who managed to get into Top 16. I have a feeling that the 'scissors' earring Mariko-sama wore during the tournament did affected the decisions of most of her opponents on which move to make, sort of like a mind game. If it's really for that purpose, I really have to praise her for that!




There's also another AKB48 member whom I took note of during tournament - Kobayashi Marina from AKB48 Kenkyuusei. I don't know much about her but from all the calculations I did before the tournament with the statistics available in the AKB48 Janken Tournament Official Guidebook, I predicted that she had the most chance in getting the Center position (Champion) or at least near there, and indeed, she got into Top 4! Which is really close to my prediction! =D Firstly, congratulations to Marinchan!! ^^ Through this chance of being in Senbatsu for the AKB48 24th Single, I hope that Marinchan is able to shine, especially in the PV, and get the chance to be promoted to Team 4.

At the ending part of the Janken Tournament, the full PV of AKB48's upcoming single '風は吹いている' ('Kaze wa Fuiteiru') was aired. There were many varying comments from my friends with some liking the song but find the costumes, hair style and dance not really nice. As for me not only I find the song awesome, I actually do find the costume and hair style really fitting, along with the background and dance too. I am totally impressed with the whole PV and really made me want to place an order for it.
(Check out my previous post here for more information on AKB48's 23rd single, '風は吹いている')

When the whole live screening ended and as I was about to leave, I realized that one of my Akicha pins (which is a set of two) broke. I did remember it's still intact during the live screening of the janken tournament, even before Akicha was up against Kojiharu. I wonder if it broke due to my rage when Akicha lost? However, I don't remember hitting so hard that a pin can break just like that.

Luckily it's not the one with Akicha photo on!

That part of the pin is self-replaceable though (at least to me). Just need to find a replacement for the broken part.

Before the AKB48 24th Single 'LIVE' Screening, I got the Majisuka and Yabakune pins (from the AKB48 drama, Majisuka Gakeun) I ordered through a fellow forum user, samx, from Nihongogo.

Looks awesome eh? Looks exactly like the actual one in the drama!

More information on the AKB48 24th Single 'LIVE' Screening in my previous post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment